Redditt has a great thread about people’s ‘favorite culturally untranslatable phrases’. I suspect this is a well I’ll return to multiple times but today I’d like to highlight our friends the Finns and their colorful language. And a note to my mother-in-law if she’s reading this: I can’t believe you never told me about these.
- Suksi vittun (Suomi- Finnish, I suppose) Literally, “ski into a cunt.” Extraordinarily vulgar form of “go fuck yourself.”
- “juosten kustu”. It means that something is done half-assed, but it translates roughly like something is like someone tried to pee while running.
- “Kyrpä otsassa” is a vulgar way to say you’re incredibly annoyed. It means that you have a dick in your forehead (should be visualized as hanging forward, rather than actually in your forehead, for some reason).
- “Perse edellä puuhun” – To climb a tree with your ass up. Said when something is being done in very inefficient fashion.
- “pilkunnussija”, meaning “a comma fucker”. Used about someone who corrects little or meaningless things.
- “satanaan vittu” which means to literally call someone Satan’s Vagina.